Prepare for race day at the only camp created exclusively for athletes in the Patriot Half with training on the Patriot Half swim, bike and run courses
Sun Multisport Events in partnership with the coaches at Vescio Multisport Performance Services (Vmps) is excited to announce the Patriot Half Training Camp. To be held Sunday, May 19, 2013 at Cathedral Camp, this training camp is designed specifically for athletes preparing to race in the 2013 Patriot Half. This full day camp includes swim, bike and run clinics on the very course you will be racing on June 15th as well as classroom instruction to help you ace your Patriot Half experience.
Vmps coaches specializing in open water swimming, cycling technique, runnning form, nutrition, tapering and more will be on hand to share their expertise and answer your questions. To maximize the learning opportunity the coach to athlete ratio will be 15 to 1 (if not better). Also on hand will be Mark Walter, USAT Certified Race Director for the Patriot Half.
The camp schedule is as follows:
- 8:00AM-8:15AM: Registration/check-in/change into wetsuits for open water swim
- 8:15AM-8:30AM: Welcome/Introduction (on the beach)
- 8:30AM-10:00AM: Open water swim clinic in Long Pond
- 10:00AM-10:30AM: Break (snacks provided)
- 10:30AM-11:00 AM: Seminar on cycling tips, techniques and strategies
- 11:00AM-11:15AM: Prepare for bike ride of the course
- 11:15 AM-1:00 PM: Ride one loop of the Patriot bike course (28 miles)
- 1:00PM to 2:00 PM: Lunch (to be provided)
- 2:00PM-2:30PM: Seminar on race day nutrition
- 2:30PM-3:30PM: Running clinic; includes short run of the course
- 3:30PM-4:15PM: Seminar on tapering & mental strategies
- 4:15PM to 4:30PM: Final Q&A
Click here to register, for pricing details and other info. The sooner you register the more you can save... register by 12/31/12 for the lowest possible rate. If you have questions feel free to email Elaine Vescio, Vmps head coach for the camp, at email@example.com or Mark Walter, Patriot Half Race Director, at info@SunMultisportEvents.com.