The only camp created exclusively for athletes in the Patriot Half with training on the Patriot swim, bike and run courses
Sun Multisport Events in partnership with the coaches at Vescio Multisport Performance Services (Vmps) will host the 3rd annual Patriot Half Training Camp. To be held Sunday, May 18, 2014 at Cathedral Camp, this training camp is designed specifically for athletes preparing to race in the 2014 Patriot Half. This full day camp includes swim, bike and run clinics on the very course you will be racing on June 14th as well as classroom instruction to help you ace your Patriot Half experience.
Vmps coaches specializing in open water swimming, cycling technique, running form, nutrition, tapering and more will be on hand to share their expertise and answer your questions. To maximize the learning opportunity the coach to athlete ratio will be 15 to 1 (if not better). Also on hand will be Mark Walter, USAT Certified Race Director for the Patriot Half. Click here to register.
AT RIGHT: Athletes prepare for the Open Water Swim Clinic at the 2013 Patriot Half Camp.
The camp schedule is as follows:
- 8:00AM-8:15AM: Registration/check-in/change into wetsuits for open water swim
- 8:15AM-8:30AM: Welcome/Introduction (on the beach)
- 8:30AM-10:00AM: Open water swim clinic in Long Pond
- 10:00AM-10:30AM: Break (snacks provided)
- 10:30AM-11:00 AM: Seminar on cycling tips, techniques and strategies
- 11:00AM-11:15AM: Prepare for bike ride of the course
- 11:15 AM-1:00 PM: Ride one loop of the Patriot bike course (28 miles)
- 1:00PM to 2:00 PM: Lunch (to be provided)
- 2:00PM-2:30PM: Seminar on race day nutrition
- 2:30PM-3:30PM: Running clinic; includes short run of the course
- 3:30PM-4:15PM: Seminar on tapering & mental strategies
- 4:15PM to 4:30PM: Final Q&A
Click here to register, for pricing details and other info.If you have questions feel free to email Elaine Vescio, Vmps head coach for the camp, at email@example.com or Mark Walter, Patriot Half Race Director, at info@SunMultisportEvents.com.
ABOVE: Cyclists in the 2013 Patriot Half Training Camp take a break.