The only camp created exclusively for athletes in the Patriot Half with training on the Patriot swim, bike and run courses
Sun Multisport Events in partnership with the coaches at Vescio Multisport Performance Services (Vmps) will host the 4th annual Patriot Half Training Camp. To be held Saturday, May 16, 2015 at Cathedral Camp, this training camp is designed specifically for athletes preparing to race in the 2015 Patriot Half. This full day camp includes swim, bike and run clinics on the very course you will be racing on June 20th as well as classroom instruction to help you ace your Patriot Half experience.
Vmps coaches specializing in open water swimming, cycling technique, running form, nutrition, tapering and more will be on hand to share their expertise and answer your questions. To maximize the learning opportunity the coach to athlete ratio will be 15 to 1 (if not better). Also on hand will be Mark Walter, USAT Certified Race Director for the Patriot Half.
AT RIGHT: Athletes prepare for the Open Water Swim Clinic at a past Patriot Half Camp.
OWS Clinic Option: As an alternative to the full day camp, athletes also have the option to participate in just the Open Water Swim (OWS) Clinic segment of the camp. Athletes that select this option would participate in the same OWS clinic as athletes participating in the full camp would experience from 8:30am to 10:00am. The OWS clinic is designed to help swimmers of all levels become more confident and effective during the swim segment of a triathlon. Participants spend the majority of the clinic in the lake practicing the skills needed in open water swimming. Fearful beginners work on learning how to relax and breathe while swimming in a lake. Intermediate and advanced swimmers work on skills like sighting and drafting which will help them to navigate the swim course in a triathlon more quickly. All this is done under the watchful eyes of experienced coaches and life guards.
- $175 until 10/31/14
- $190 from 11/1/14 thru 12/31/14
- $200 from 1/1/15 thru 4/30/15
- $220 from 5/1/15 and thereafter
You can save $20 on the training camp when you register for the Patriot Half race and camp at the same time. Click here to register for both. If you've already registered for the race and want to now register for the camp or the open water swimming clinic click here.
The TENTATIVE camp schedule is as follows:
- 8:00AM-8:15AM: Registration/check-in/change into wetsuits for open water swim
- 8:15AM-8:30AM: Welcome/Introduction (on the beach)
- 8:30AM-10:00AM: Open water swim clinic in Long Pond
- 10:00AM-10:30AM: Break (snacks provided)
- 10:30AM-11:00 AM: Seminar on cycling tips, techniques and strategies
- 11:00AM-11:15AM: Prepare for bike ride of the course
- 11:15 AM-1:00 PM: Ride one loop of the Patriot bike course (28 miles)
- 1:00PM to 2:00 PM: Lunch (to be provided)
- 2:00PM-2:30PM: Seminar on race day nutrition
- 2:30PM-3:30PM: Running clinic; includes short run of the course
- 3:30PM-4:15PM: Seminar on tapering & mental strategies
- 4:15PM to 4:30PM: Final Q&A
If you have questions feel free to email Elaine Vescio, Vmps head coach for the camp, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Walter, Patriot Half Race Director, at info@SunMultisportEvents.com.
ABOVE: Cyclists in the 2013 Patriot Half Training Camp take a break during their ride of the course.