The only camp created exclusively for athletes in the Patriot Half with training on the Patriot swim, bike and run courses
Sun Multisport Events in partnership with the coaches at Vescio Multisport Performance Services (Vmps) will host the 3rd annual Patriot Half Training Camp. To be held Sunday, May 18, 2014 at Cathedral Camp, this training camp is designed specifically for athletes preparing to race in the 2014 Patriot Half. This full day camp includes swim, bike and run clinics on the very course you will be racing on June 14th as well as classroom instruction to help you ace your Patriot Half experience.
Vmps coaches specializing in open water swimming, cycling technique, running form, nutrition, tapering and more will be on hand to share their expertise and answer your questions. To maximize the learning opportunity the coach to athlete ratio will be 15 to 1 (if not better). Also on hand will be Mark Walter, USAT Certified Race Director for the Patriot Half.
AT RIGHT: Athletes prepare for the Open Water Swim Clinic at the 2013 Patriot Half Camp.
OWS Clinic Option: As an alternative to the full day camp, athletes also have the option to participate in just the Open Water Swim (OWS) Clinic segment of the camp. Athletes that select this option would participate in the same OWS clinic as athletes participating in the full camp would experience from 8:30am to 10:00am. The OWS clinic is designed to help swimmers of all levels become more confident and effective during the swim segment of a triathlon. Participants spend the majority of the clinic in the lake practicing the skills needed in open water swimming. Fearful beginners work on learning how to relax and breathe while swimming in a lake. Intermediate and advanced swimmers work on skills like sighting and drafting which will help them to navigate the swim course in a triathlon more quickly. All this is done under the watchful eyes of experienced coaches and life guards.
- Complete Training Camp: $185 through 5/11/14; $195 thereafter
- Open Water Swim Clinic only: $35 theough 5/11/14; $40 thereafter
Click here to register
The camp schedule is as follows:
- 8:00AM-8:15AM: Registration/check-in/change into wetsuits for open water swim
- 8:15AM-8:30AM: Welcome/Introduction (on the beach)
- 8:30AM-10:00AM: Open water swim clinic in Long Pond
- 10:00AM-10:30AM: Break (snacks provided)
- 10:30AM-11:00 AM: Seminar on cycling tips, techniques and strategies
- 11:00AM-11:15AM: Prepare for bike ride of the course
- 11:15 AM-1:00 PM: Ride one loop of the Patriot bike course (28 miles)
- 1:00PM to 2:00 PM: Lunch (to be provided)
- 2:00PM-2:30PM: Seminar on race day nutrition
- 2:30PM-3:30PM: Running clinic; includes short run of the course
- 3:30PM-4:15PM: Seminar on tapering & mental strategies
- 4:15PM to 4:30PM: Final Q&A
Click here to register. If you have questions feel free to email Elaine Vescio, Vmps head coach for the camp, at email@example.com or Mark Walter, Patriot Half Race Director, at info@SunMultisportEvents.com.
ABOVE: Cyclists in the 2013 Patriot Half Training Camp take a break during their ride of the course.