New England's favorite half distance triathlon! Discover why thousands of triathletes have chosen Patriot as their first half.
THANK YOU to all that raced in the 2013 Patriot Half. Results can be found with a click here and race photos from Capstone Photography will be available from their website by Thursday, June 20th.
The Patriot Half will be held Saturday, June 15, 2013 at Cathedral Camp in East Freetown, MA. 2013 marks the 7th year of the Patriot which features a 1.2 mile swim in Long Pond, the largest fresh water body of water in Masssachusetts, a 2-loop bike course offering 56 miles of beautiful, flat roads with a few rolling hills and a 13.1 mile run along country roads, farms and lakes with aid stations at every mile... plus special attention to the details that set our events apart from the rest.
Why consider the Patriot? Here are 15 reasons to make it your first 'A' race of the season...
A gorgeous venue: The Patriot is held at Cathedral Camp which is situated on the shore of Long Pond, the largest freshwater body of water in MA; the Cathedral Camp grounds offer plenty of open space for spectators to hang out, relax and root on racers.
A rural, scenic setting: The swim is in beautiful Long Pond and the bike and run are along country roads where you'll pass cranberry bogs, water features and local farms.
A course that's just the right level of difficulty: There's no such thing as an "easy" half, but you'll find the relatively calm waters of the pond swim and the flat, but rolling roads of the bike and run just the right challenge (not boringly flat, no "killer" hills) -- learn why many athletes choose Patriot to be their first half!
Spacious transition: The Patriot transition area offers wide aisles and assigned rack positions with generous spacing... all this means transition "traffic jams" are minimized and there is no fighting for a rack spot.
- Terrific value: Other halfs cost up to $275; registration for the Patriot is $200 until 10/31/12, which includes terrific swag, a delicious post race catered meal, a chance at winning some valuable giveaways and 70.3 miles of great racing.
Cool swag: All athletes get a gender-specific tech shirt made of recycled material, a water bottle and finisher medal when they cross the finish line plus one extra little "surprise" swag item.
No overcrowding: The Half field is limited to 825 registrants so most swim waves will have less than 100 racers and congestion in transition and along the course is limited
- Experienced, local management team: The 2013 Patriot marks the 7th year of this popular event which is organized by Sun Multisport Events, the same team behind Cranberry Trifest, the Whaling City Triathlon, the Westborough Sprint Triathlon and the Multisport World Conference and Expo.
Generous volunteer support: Volunteers are key to a successful race; we'll have 150+ on hand to help you from registration and body marking right up to putting that finisher's medal around your neck.
Commitment to the environment: We have partnered with Athletes for a Fit Planet in an effort to create an event whose impact on the environment is minimized through recycling, product selection and more.
Convenience: The Patriot features registration, one transition, the finish and plenty of parking all on the grounds of Cathedral Camp.
- Tune up for IM Lake Placid: The date of Patriot Triathlon 2013 is 6 weeks prior to Ironman Lake Placid making it an ideal tune-up for anyone preparing for that race.
- Race along side teammates. Are you a member of a tri club? We rack members of teams together in transition so tell us what club you are a part of when you register and we'll rack you along side teammates. (note: all relay teams are racked together and all elites are racked together regardless of any team association)
- A family-friendly event: In addition to a venue that includes a small playground and plenty of open space for families to hang out and enjoy, the 2013 Patriot Half will offer families and spectators the opportunity to purchase breakfast right at the camp as well as structures activities that provide entertainment for the kids while mom or dad is out racing
- Registration Fee Reimbursement: An innovative service that offers 100% reimbursement if you can't race because of sickness or injury. Register by 12/31/12 and this service is included with your registration fee.
Sun Multisport Events is committed to implementing environmentally responsible practices at all of our events. To that end, we took the Pledge of Sustainability administered by Athletes for a Fit Planet. As part of this committment we offer a comprehensive recycling system, eco-friendly port-o-potties, plates and utencils for our post-race BBQ made of bio-degradable products, athlete t-shirts made of recycled material and more.