New England's favorite half distance triathlon! Discover why thousands have chosen the award-winning Patriot Half as their first half distance triathlon.
SAVE THE DATE: The 2016 Patriot Half race date is Saturday, 6/18/16. Registration opens Thursday, 10/1/15, at 7:00am EST. Clck here to sign up.
The 2016 Patriot Half will be held Saturday, June 18, 2016 at Cathedral Camp in East Freetown, MA. 2016 marks the 10th year of this award-winning race which was recognized as "Best Small Race" (less than 1,000 athletes) in voting by athletes as part of the "Triathlete's Choice Awards" program. The Patriot features a 1.2 mile swim in Long Pond, the largest fresh water body of water in Masssachusetts, a 2-loop bike course offering 56 miles of beautiful, flat roads with a few rolling hills and a 13.1 mile run along country roads, farms and lakes with aid stations at every mile... plus special attention to the little things that set our events apart from the rest. The 2016 Patriot Half is also the USAT Northeast Aquabike Regional Championship.
See below for video highlights of the Patriot Half and hear what athletes have to say.
Still not sure if the Patriot is the race for you? Here are 13 reasons to make it your first 'A' race of the season...
A gorgeous venue: The Patriot is held at Cathedral Camp which is situated on the shore of Long Pond, the largest freshwater body of water in MA; the Cathedral Camp grounds offer plenty of open space for spectators to hang out, relax and root on racers.
A rural, scenic setting: The swim is in beautiful Long Pond and the bike and run are along country roads where you'll pass cranberry bogs, water features and local farms.
A course that's just the right level of difficulty: There's no such thing as an "easy" half, but you'll find the relatively calm waters of the pond swim and the flat, but rolling roads of the bike and run just the right challenge (not boringly flat, no "killer" hills) -- learn why many athletes choose Patriot to be their first half!
Spacious transition: The Patriot transition area offers wide aisles and assigned rack positions with generous spacing... all this means transition "traffic jams" are minimized and there is no fighting for a rack spot.
- Terrific value: Other halfs cost up to $275; registration for the Patriot is $245 until 10/31/15 (with NO additional processing fees added), which includes terrific swag, a delicious post race catered meal, a chance at winning some valuable giveaways and 70.3 miles of great racing.
Cool swag: All athletes get a gender-specific tech shirt, a water bottle and finisher medal when they cross the finish line plus additional swag.
No overcrowding: The Half field is limited to 825 registrants so most swim waves will have less than 100 racers and congestion in transition and along the course is limited
- An experienced, award-winning event production team: The Patriot Half is organized by Sun Multisport Events winner of the "Best Triathlon Series" in voting by athletes in the "Triathlete's Choice Awards" (read the press release) and the same team behind other popular events including Cranberry Trifest and the TRI-MANIA series.
Generous volunteer support: Volunteers are key to a successful race; we'll have 150+ on hand to help you from registration and body marking right up to putting that finisher's medal around your neck.
Convenience: The Patriot features registration, one transition, the finish and plenty of parking all on the grounds of Cathedral Camp.
- Tune up for IM Lake Placid: The date of Patriot Triathlon 2016 is 5 weeks prior to Ironman Lake Placid making it an ideal tune-up for anyone preparing for that race.. and if you want to be careful about the number of miles you're running sign up for the Aquabike category (swim-bike only),
- Race along side teammates. Are you a member of a tri club? We rack members of teams together in transition so tell us what club you are a part of when you register and we'll rack you along side teammates. (note: relay teams, elite athletes and aquabike athletes are racked together regardless of team association)
- A family-friendly event: In addition to a venue that includes a small playground and plenty of open space for families