New England's favorite half distance triathlon! Discover why thousands of triathletes have chosen the Patriot as their first half.
The 2014 Patriot Half is sold out and the wait list is full. We truly appreciate the support and enthusiasm the triathlon community has shown for this event and it's that support which earned the Patriot recognition as "Best Small Race" in the "People's Choice" awards organized by Triathlon Business International. Thank you!
Still looking for an early season half distance triathlon? Consider our other half at the New England Trifest in Fairlee, VT on June 29. Click here to learn more about this race.
The Patriot Half will be held Saturday, June 14, 2014 at Cathedral Camp in East Freetown, MA. 2014 marks the 8th year of the Patriot which features a 1.2 mile swim in Long Pond, the largest fresh water body of water in Masssachusetts, a 2-loop bike course offering 56 miles of beautiful, flat roads with a few rolling hills and a 13.1 mile run along country roads, farms and lakes with aid stations at every mile... plus special attention to the details that set our events apart from the rest.
See below for video highlights of the Patriot Half and hear what athletes have to say.
Still not sure if the Patriot is the race for you? Here are 14 reasons to make it your first 'A' race of the season...
A gorgeous venue: The Patriot is held at Cathedral Camp which is situated on the shore of Long Pond, the largest freshwater body of water in MA; the Cathedral Camp grounds offer plenty of open space for spectators to hang out, relax and root on racers.
A rural, scenic setting: The swim is in beautiful Long Pond and the bike and run are along country roads where you'll pass cranberry bogs, water features and local farms.
A course that's just the right level of difficulty: There's no such thing as an "easy" half, but you'll find the relatively calm waters of the pond swim and the flat, but rolling roads of the bike and run just the right challenge (not boringly flat, no "killer" hills) -- learn why many athletes choose Patriot to be their first half!
Spacious transition: The Patriot transition area offers wide aisles and assigned rack positions with generous spacing... all this means transition "traffic jams" are minimized and there is no fighting for a rack spot.
- Terrific value: Other halfs cost up to $275; registration for the Patriot is $225 until 10/31/13, which includes terrific swag, a delicious post race catered meal, a chance at winning some valuable giveaways and 70.3 miles of great racing.
Cool swag: All athletes get a gender-specific tech shirt made of recycled material, a water bottle and finisher medal when they cross the finish line plus one extra little "surprise" swag item.
No overcrowding: The Half field is limited to 825 registrants so most swim waves will have less than 100 racers and congestion in transition and along the course is limited
- Experienced, local management team: The 2014 Patriot marks the 8th year of this popular event which is organized by Sun Multisport Events, the same team behind Cranberry Trifest, the Whaling City Triathlon, the Westborough Sprint Triathlon, the New England Trifest and TRI-MANIA Summit and Expo.
Generous volunteer support: Volunteers are key to a successful race; we'll have 150+ on hand to help you from registration and body marking right up to putting that finisher's medal around your neck.
Commitment to the environment: We have partnered with Athletes for a Fit Planet in an effort to create an event whose impact on the environment is minimized through recycling, product selection and more.
Convenience: The Patriot features registration, one transition, the finish and plenty of parking all on the grounds of Cathedral Camp.
- Tune up for IM Lake Placid: The date of Patriot Triathlon 2014 is 6 weeks prior to Ironman Lake Placid making it an ideal tune-up for anyone preparing for that race.
- Race along side teammates. Are you a member of a tri club? We rack members of teams together in transition so tell us what club you are a part of when you register and we'll rack you along side teammates. (note: relay teams, elite athletes and aquabike athletes are racked together regardless of team association)
- A family-friendly event: In addition to a venue that includes a small playground and plenty of open space for families
Sun Multisport Events is committed to implementing environmentally responsible practices at all of our events. To that end, we took the Pledge of Sustainability administered by Athletes for a Fit Planet. As part of this committment we offer a comprehensive recycling system, eco-friendly port-o-potties, plates and utencils for our post-race BBQ made of bio-degradable products, athlete t-shirts made of recycled material and more.