A destination event for triathletes and their families in the heart of Vermont featuring half and olympic triathlons plus a kids duathlon!
Click here to register for the 2014 New England Trifest the weekend of June 28-29, 2014.
The 2014 New England Trifest ATHLETE GUIDE is now available. Download it here.
The New England Trifest is part of the award-winning race series produced by Sun Multisport Events. Race with us this season and experience what makes our races special to thousands of triathletes.
The 2nd annual New England Trifest returns to Fairlee, VT the weekend of June 28-29, 2014 and will feature a duathlon for youths age 7-14 on Saturday, June 28th (race start: 4:00pm) and half and olympic distance races on Sunday, June 29th (race start: 7:00am). Brought to you by the same event management team that produces the Patriot Half and Cranberry Trifest, the New England Trifest promises you safe and superbly organized events that will offer a challenging test of your endurance.
Fairlee, VT holds a special place in the history of triathlon in New England where it was home to a popular olympic distance triathlon in the 1990s and early 2000s at Lake Morey. A new venue and some freshly paved roads made bringing triathlon back to the area a reality and the 2013 New England Trifest came off with terrific review from athletes as reflected in the testimonials below...
Dear Sun Mulitsports,
My experience at the New England Trifest was exceptional; in fact, it was the best organized triathlon that I have ever participated in and that includes the US Nationals. Your team went above and beyond to deliver an experience for the athletes that I have not seen elsewhere – details like live music, veggie options, vendor mall, professional triathlete presentation, bike mechanics on site, and ice baths at the finish line, complimentary post-race massage, etc (to name a few). Thanks again for organizing such an outstanding experience - In the infamous words of the Terminator… “I’ll be back!”
I just want to let you know what an amazing job you and your volunteers did this past weekend. I traveled to the race with my father and a small group of my training friends and we all had a great time. Every part of the weekend was great and the race was a favorite of mine.
I wanted to let you know that I think you guys did a FANTASTIC job. The race venue was perfect and the organization from the point of registration through race day was excellent. As always, your volunteers and support staff were also great and so extremely helpful and nice. I hope you're proud of the event because you definitely should be.
See below for highlights from the inanugural New England Trifest including additional testimonials, a thumbs up from Ironman World Champion Karen Smyers, comments from the Race Director and more.
The 2014 New England Trifest half distance triathlon will feature a new, less hilly and more spectator-friendly run course (see the Course Details page). All races in the Trifest are based at Lake Fairlee on the grounds of Camp Horizons. Camp Horizons is part of the Aloha Foundation, a non-profit educational foundation with the objectives of fostering personal growth, self-reliance, self confidence cooperation and a sense of community in people of all ages and backgrounds.
In addition to three great races, the New England Trifest will offer spectator-friendly attractions including food, entertainment and an expo featuring numerous vendors including companies focused on the needs of multisport athletes as well as local businesses offering a variety of products "made in Vermont".
Click here to view a photo album posted to our Facebook page with pictures of the New England Trifest venue and course and be sure to navigate to the different pages of this site for more info on the New England Trifest including Event Details, Course Info, Where to Stay and more.
Need a reason to register for the 2014 New England Trifest? Here's 11 of them!
- A great summer destination: The New England Trifest is in scenic Fairlee, VT... a beautiful area with plenty of local amentites and attractions. With July 4th just a few days after the race, consider extending your stay as part of a great summer getaway!
- A race for everyone: The Trifest features olympic and half distance triathlons for adults and a youth duathlon for kids age 7-14... and for athletes unable to run (or not up for a 10k or half marathon), both the olympic and half offer an Aquabike category.
- Experienced, local event management: The New England Trifest is produced by Sun Multisport Events the same event team behind other New England favorites including the Patriot Half and Cranberry Trifest.
- Perfect timing: The olympic and half are on June 29th which is late enough in the season that Lake Fairlee water temperatures are expected to be in the low to mid 70s.
- Excellent value: In addition to a safe, scenic and well-organized race, your registration fee also includes a tech t-shirt, finisher medal, a post-race catered meal a chance to win valuable prizes. Plus, all athletes in the Half get a "bonus" MooVM hat shown at right.
- Venue convenience: The grounds of Camp Horzons offer sufficient space for you to drive up, park and walk on over to transition. The race will have one transition area and the swim start is just a short walk from transition.
- Generous volunteer support: The New England Trifest will be supported by more than 150 volunteers from local triathletes "giving back" to the sport to area community groups out in force to help and cheer on athletes.
- LIVE online results with optional Facebook integration: Your results will be posted online as they happen... PLUS you'll have an opportunity to have your swim, bike and run splits posted to your Facebook page so friends can track your progress.
- An expo with an emphasis on "Made in Vermont": In addition to vendors focused on triathletes, the expo will feature local businesses who will be there to showcase a variety of products you'll only find in Vermont.
- Commitment to the environment: Sun Multisport Events makes an effort to minimize the effect our events have on the environment. To that end we will take the Pledge of Sustainability (administered by Athletes for a Fit Planet) and adopt other practices (e.g. recycling, composting, product selection) to help green the event.
- Tune-up for Ironman Lake Placid: New England Trifest is 4 weeks before for Ironman Lake Placid offering you a good tune-up by racing either the complete half distance race or by just doing the Aquabike.