A destination event for triathletes and their families featuring half and olympic distance triathlons plus a kids duathlon!
Click here to register for the half, the olympic or the kids' duathlon.
The inaugural New England Trifest comes to Fairlee, VT the weekend of June 29-30, 2013 and will feature a duathlon for youths age 7-14 on Saturday, June 29th (race start: 4:00pm) and half and olympic distance races on Sunday, June 30th (race start: 7:00am). Brought to you by the same event management team that produces the Patriot Half and Cranberry Trifest, the New England Trifest promises you safe and superbly organized events that will offer a challenging test of your endurance.
Fairlee, VT holds a special place in the history of triathlon in New England where it was home to a popular olympic distance triathlon in the 1990s and early 2000s at Lake Morey. A new venue and some freshly paved roads made bringing triathlon back to the area a reality and in 2013 the New England Trifest will debut at Lake Fairlee on the grounds of Camp Horizons. Camp Horizons is part of the Aloha Foundation, a non-profit educational foundation with the objectives of fostering personal growth, self-reliance, self confidence cooperation and a sense of community in people of all ages and backgrounds.
SPECIAL GUEST ATHLETE: Ironman World Champion and USAT Hall of Famer Karen Smyers We are also thrilled to welcome legendary triathlete KAREN SMYERS who will race in the New England Trifest half distance triathlon Sunday, June 30th. Smyers is one of the most accomplished triathletes in the history of the sport and is a 7x National and 4x World Champion and winner of the 1995 Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii. She was also inducted into the USA Triathlon (USAT) Hall of Fame in 2008. In addition to racing, Karen will give the talk, "Ace Your Race" during packet pick-up on Saturday, June 29th.
In addition to three great races, the New England Trifest will offer spectator-friendly attractions including food, entertainment and an expo featuring numerous vendors including companies focused on the needs of multisport athletes as well as local businesses offering a variety of products "made in Vermont".
Click here to view a photo album posted to our Facebook page with pictures of the New England Trifest venue and course.
Navigate to the different pages of this site for more info on the New England Trifest including Event Details, Course Info, Where to Stay and more.
Ready to register? Click here to register now. Need a reason to register for the 2013 New England Trifest? Here's 12 of them!
- A great summer destination: The New England Trifest is in scenic Fairlee, VT... a beautiful area with plenty of local amentites and attractions. With July 4th just 4 days after the race, consider extending your stay as part of a great summer getaway!
- A race for everyone: The Trifest features olympic and half distance triathlons for adults and a youth duathlon for kids age 7-14... and for athletes unable to run (or not up for a 10k or half marathon), both the olympic and half offer an Aquabike category.
- Experienced, local event management: The New England Trifest is produced by Sun Multisport Events the same event team behind other New England favorites including the Patriot Half and Cranberry Trifest.
- Perfect timing: The olympic and half are on June 30th which is late enough in the season that Lake Fairlee water temperatures are expected to be in the low to mid 70s.
- Excellent value: Other olympic and half distance races might cost $150 and $275, respectively. The registration fee for the New England Trifest olympic is $115 and the half is $235 until 6/14/13 (prices then increase to $125 for the olympic and $245 for the half). Your registration fee also includes cool swag, a post-race catered meal a chance to win valuable prizes and more!
- Venue convenience: The grounds of Camp Horzons offer sufficient space for you to drive up, park and walk on over to transition. The race will have one transition area and the swim start is just a short walk from transition.
- Generous volunteer support: The New England Trifest will be supported by more than 150 volunteers from local triathletes "giving back" to the sport to area community groups out in force to help and cheer on athletes.
- LIVE online results with optional Facebook integration: Your results will be posted online as they happen... PLUS you'll have an opportunity to have your swim, bike and run splits posted to your Facebook page so friends can track your progress.
- An expo "Made in New England": In addition to vendors focused on triathletes, the expo will feature local businesses who will be there to showcase a variety of products you'll only find in Vermont.
- Commitment to the environment: Sun Multisport Events makes an effort to minimize the effect our events have on the environment. To that end we will take the Pledge of Sustainability (administered by Athletes for a Fit Planet) and adopt other practices (e.g. recycling, composting, product selection) to help green the event.
- Registration Fee Reimbursement: An innovative service that offers you 100% reimbursement if you get sick or injured and can't race. this service is included with your reg fee if you register by 12/31/12.
- Tune-up for Ironman Lake Placid: New England Trifest is 4 weeks before for Ironman Lake Placid offering you a good tune-up by racing either the complete half distance race or by just doing the Aquabike.
Click here to register now.